Today, we released version 1.3 of our Kieker framework for continuous monitoring and analysis of software systems.
- Added support for periodic samplers
- Added support for monitoring system-level statistics based on the Sigar API
- MonitoringController no longer restricted to singleton instance
- Added support for custom time sources
- Improved configuration management
- Added named pipe reader/writer (for passing monitoring records directly within same JVM)
- MonitoringController accessible as JMX MBean
- The format of the kieker.monitoring.properties changed!
- Custom writers will need to be adjusted to a changed interface
- Minor changes in the MonitoringController interface